Historical, Theoretical and Developmental Perspectives on Bereavement
This two day course will examine a range of theoretical approaches to bereavement. Drawing on contemporary theory and evidence-based practice the subject will consider the bereavement needs of special populations.
All short course attendees will be provided with a certificate of attendance, identifying the number of CPD hours for the course.
- The course fee for 2019 is $900 + GST (2 day course)
- The fees include course materials and catering (morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea)
- All short course attendees will be provided with a certificate of attendance, identifying the number of CPD hours for the course
- Note: Programs will only run if a minimum number of participants is achieved. Priority for place is given to award students
- Spaces are strictly limited.
Face-to-face intensive delivery over a 2 day program
Date and times
|Historical, Theoretical and Developmental Perspectives on Bereavement||21 & 22 February 2019||9AM - 5PM|
The Centre for Palliative Care (CPC) has a state-wide role in palliative care education, with a focus on ensuring education is multidisciplinary and delivered by experts in their field who may be drawn from multiple institutions around Victoria as appropriate. The goals for CPC in regard to palliative care education are to:
- Increase general understanding and skill in palliative care through education and training of the general health workforce
- Develop future leaders in palliative care through programs designed to increase the number of palliative care specialists, and through facilitating opportunities for networking, peer support and leadership development.
Who should apply
The programs are relevant for doctors (including general practitioners), nurses, and allied health professionals who work in a range of care settings including paediatric care, aged care, acute care, community care, palliative care and cancer care.
Academic and Teaching Team
- Mr Chris Hall, Director, Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement and members of his teaching team.
- Experts from other institutions and services are also involved in the delivery of the program.
- Graduate Certificate in Palliative Care
- Specialist Certificate in Palliative Care
- Specialist Certificate in Palliative Care - Hume
- Professional Development in Adult Palliative Care
- Professional Development in Adult Palliative Care - Hume
- Professional Development in Fundamentals of Palliative Care
- Professional Development in Fundamentals of Palliative Care – Hume
- Professional Development in Paediatric Palliative Care
- Professional Development in Psychosocial Aspects of Palliative Care
- Professional Development in Ethics in Clinical Practice.
Find out more
Phone: +61 3 8344 0149
This course is presented in partnership with the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences and the School of Health Sciences.