Particularly valuable for clinicians, surgeons, general practitioners and allied health professionals, our postgraduate health and medical courses offer the flexibility to fit study alongside a busy clinical schedule.
You will expand your professional network, learn from some of the best medical minds in Australia and benefit from the University of Melbourne’s longstanding partnerships and affiliations with leading medical institutions.
Many of our postgraduate courses provide accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points while you build towards a further qualification. You will gain skills you can apply directly to your current practice and be able to make an immediate and long-term difference to patient care.
The University of Melbourne is renowned for medical excellence. We are ranked #1 in Australia and #9 in the world for clinical, preclinical and health disciplines.*
*Times Higher Education rankings, 2019
Master of Clinical Ultrasound
The only 100% online Australian university course designed for medical professionals looking to develop advanced clinical ultrasound skills.
Clinical Education, Research and Leadership
These high-quality, research-informed postgraduate and professional development programs are designed for clinicians from any discipline embedded within the clinical context.
Master of Cancer Sciences
The Master of Cancer Sciences is Australia’s first cancer-specific, multidisciplinary, flexible wholly online program, and one of only two such online programs available in the world.
Master of Sports Medicine
The Master of Sports Medicine has been designed for qualified practitioners who have a passion for excellence in sports and exercise medicine working with athletes of all ages and abilities.
Master of Psychiatry
With the need to improve the delivery of psychiatric care to a broader cross section of the community, the renowned Master of Psychiatry course is now being offered online using the latest technology and interactive learning platforms.
Master of Youth Mental Health
The Master of Youth Mental Health is the only graduate program in Australia that is dedicated entirely to youth mental health.
Graduate Certificate in Palliative Care
The Graduate Certificate in Palliative Care is an ideal introduction to palliative and end of life care for all medical professionals.
Specialist Certificate in Palliative Care
The Specialist Certificate in Palliative Care is ideal for all medical professionals providing a broad overview of the core concepts and practices of palliative care.
- CertificateGraduate Certificate in Cancer Sciences
- MasterMaster of Cancer Sciences
- CertificateSpecialist Certificate in Clinical Leadership
- CertificateGraduate Certificate in Clinical Research
- DiplomaGraduate Diploma in Clinical Research
- MasterMaster of Clinical Research
- CertificateSpecialist Certificate in Clinical Research (Neuroscience)
- CertificateGraduate Certificate in Clinical Teaching
- CertificateGraduate Certificate in Clinical Ultrasound
- DiplomaGraduate Diploma in Clinical Ultrasound
- MasterMaster of Clinical Ultrasound
- Short courseCultural Respect Encompassing Simulation Training (CREST)
- Short courseEthics in Clinical Practice
- CertificateGraduate Certificate in Palliative Care
- CertificateSpecialist Certificate in Palliative Care
- CertificateSpecialist Certificate in Cancer Sciences
- DiplomaGraduate Diploma in Surgical Anatomy
- CertificateGraduate Certificate in Surgical Education
- DiplomaGraduate Diploma in Surgical Education
- MasterMaster of Surgical Education
Get in touch
For further enquiries please contact us.