Specialist Certificate in Clinical Research (Neuroscience)
Developed in partnership with the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, the Specialist Certificate in Clinical Neuroscience Research course is coordinated by world-renowned Laureate Professor Samuel Berkovic and presented by 30 expert researchers from the Centre for Clinical Research Excellence in Neurosciences.
Multidisciplinary in focus, the Specialist Certificate is valuable for a wide range of medical and allied health professionals and those with a science background seeking specialist training. The course comprises of two subjects, delivered over two intensive teaching weeks, allowing you to fit study around existing work commitments.
Course delivery dates
Applications close: 7th June 2019
- Week 1 Intensive - Clinical Neuroscience Research: 15th July 2019
- Week 2 Intensive - Neuroimaging for Clinical Research: 22nd July 2019
- High-level understanding of the major activities involved in planning clinical research methodologies applicable to problems in neurological disease.
- Sound knowledge of the overlap with basic science advances across the neuroscience field and a good understanding of clinical synergies.
- Apply this knowledge through creating new ideas for clinical research projects.
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of various advanced clinical research techniques that have broad application to many areas of neuroscience.
- Understand clinical research applications of brain imaging techniques.
- Ability to develop innovative strategies to investigate clinical neuroscience research questions to pursue in response to neurological problems.